You know that depth and thrill you get from the sound systems when you visit the cinema? How that every laughter, every cough and any sound at all deeply resonates and makes it feel very much like what you are watching is happening right there in the room? Yeah, that is the work of the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Home Theatres.
The Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Home Theatre has Dual Wireless Subwoofers and a true 360 degree multi channel surround sound with the sound bar and two rear surround speakers.
What the Dual Wireless Subwoofers does is, it produces ground-shaking rumbles that circulates everywhere in your living room. How it does this without traces of distortions and unfiltered noise, is what makes the device a genius. What’s more? Setting it up is also quite an easy venture compared to what is obtainable with other home theatres.
We will go into more details of the Shockwafe Elite much later in the post but let’s get to know about the Nakamichi company first, as a little background picture will help put things in better perspective.
Brief History of the Nakamichi Company
Nakamichi Corp. Limited is a Japanese consumer electronics brand, that was founded by Etsuro Nakamichi in 1948 with Tokyo, Japan as its origin.
Since its inception, Nakamichi has been well-known to many home audio enthusiasts for its advanced design and artistic sound quality.
Although, the company begun in 1948, it actually started selling its products under its own name in 1972 and overtime, became known for innovative and high quality audio cassette decks. I think for a business to stay relevant since 1948 to this present day, it definitely means they are something right because that is a whopping 73 years. Quite remarkable!
Through the years, the Nakamichi product range has included, design oriented home cinema audio systems, speakers, headphones, video DVDs, automotive stereo products, sound bars and mini hi-fi systems.
Now, having established a background, the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite is a heavy duty sound bar home theatre system with a whopping 7.2 channels.
If you happen to read more on multi home theatres, you will get to discover that the higher the model number, the better the quality of sound it promises to give and we have the range of numbers from 2.0, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and now a 7.2
Like you could probably guess already, each one of these is pretty much a better improvement of the former and of course, comes with extra speakers for a true surround sound (A Surround Sound or Multi-Channel Audio is a technique used to enrich audio, by giving it depth that makes sound production more life-like, with multiple speakers (audio channels) surrounding the listener. Surround sound is configured such that, one can actually hear the sound coming from all angles, giving the illusion that you are in the centre of the action as a practical participant and not just a listener (Or so it actually seems).
Now, armed with that understanding of what a surround sound is, I believe you now fully understand why the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2 is said to have a premium cinematic effect and also popularly known as the ”Holy Grail of Sound Bars”.
Pros of the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Home Theatre
Like everything else, the Shockwafe Elite has those things that make it thick. So we will just go ahead and list them below;
1. Dual Subwoofers.
2. 2 rear surround speakers.
3. Dolby vision.
4. Full-range drivers.
5. Bluetooth enabled
6. Dual centre channels for enhanced speech
7. Has an easy plug-and-play design
8.Has a true 360, 3D surround sound
9.Max output power of 800W
10.Spatial Surround Elevation
11. It can be wall-mounted.
12. Superb sound quality
Cons of the Nakamichi Elite
Of course, anything that has pros usually have cons as well. So here you go;
1. Menu is displayed on the small sound bar screen.
2. It has no treble adjustment.
3. Remote has a short range.
Features of the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Home Theatre
1. Dual 8” Wireless Subwoofers: Do we still need to emphasize about this particular feature? Well, considering our explanation from earlier about what a surround sound does. The supporting rear speakers alongside two large subwoofers is engineered to produce base effects that are smooth and virtually impossible to localize, which is why this home theatre guarantees a sound quality that is even larger than life itself.
2. Wireless Connectivity: The Shockwafe Elite allows for wireless connectivity and streaming as it offers Bluetooth compatibility. So you can, without any hassle stream your favourite content from your mobile devices wirelessly with ease.
Its connectivity is also very advanced such that it includes Dolby Vision pass-through, 4k UHD pass-through, High Dynamic Range(HDR) and can connect up to 6 devices via 1 HDMI ARC.
3. Seven Channels: As expected of a home entertainment system of the calibre, the Shockwafe Elite is a seven channel sound bar with two subwoofers. It also has the dual side channels, dual centre channel, full-range drivers, rear speakers and subs. These are the components that makes up the audio system that brings you the full surround sound.
4. Audio Modes: The audio modes are designed such that the settings can be optimized to match your content automatically. This increases the accuracy and clarity of your audio relays. A few of the audio modes include movies, news and music.
5. Set Up: If you are quite familiar with home theatres, you will know that the process of setting up are usually not a walk in park but with the Shockwafe Elite, setting up is quite simple.
That notwithstanding, you have to note that since it is a larger sound bar with also larger components. It is advised that you have a large space as well, as that will make you utilize this system better.
Everything you need for setting up comes in the box(there will be a list of that as you go down this post), including the wall-mounting system and remote control for a simple and easy setting up process.
However, the home theatre comes with lots of preset options like movie, music, TV, games , sports and night modes. Then, each one of these goes further to have a subgroup of equalization options.
For the night mode, what it does , is reducing the subwoofer volume or turning it off altogether in order not to disturb people who might be in other rooms (Permit me to say that the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite is a very neighbour – friendly home theatre).
Wrapping it up, the most you will have to do is find the appropriate connections from the Shockwafe Elite to your TV, as it already has a plug -and – play design which makes navigating and setting up breezy.
6. Backlit Remote Control: The full-feature 52-key backlit remote control allows for a seamless control even in the dark. You don’t have to keep squinting in a bid to see what you are pressing( life can be simple) and it also allows you to adjust the subwoofer and surround speakers volume.
More so, the remote also provides access to the following;
- Source inputs
- Individual channel volume
- Room size optimization
- Three modes of SSE personalization
- EQ settings
- Lip sync adjustments and
- DSP settings
7. Spatial Surround Elevation (SSE) Processing Technology: Are you already wondering how this works? Wait. I’ll do well enough to explain.
So, the three processing engines (Spatial, Surround and Elevation) are designed to work in harmony, enhance directionality, enlarge spaciousness and unlock extra details of any audio soundtrack, so as to help produce detailed and immersive audio.
- The Spatial engine performs spatial-amplification techniques and engages the four to six tweeters (tweeter is a loudspeaker designed to reproduce high frequencies) in the system in order to provide enhanced detail directionality while also enlarging the spaciousness of the surround sound experience.
- The Surround engine provides phase, volume augmentation and upmixing to help optimize the clarity and balance of the sound across all the channels.
- Then, the Elevation engine enables the processing of all 3D object-based content, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
8. Two 2-Way Rear Speakers(Industry’s first). This two rear speakers produces a dynamic surround sound and each of them is connected to sub via RCA wires.
What is in the Shockwafe Elite Box
We had promise to list out all the components you should expect to find in the box when you buy your Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite, so here you go. Be sure to have your;
- Remote Control with Batteries
- 5′ Optical Cable
- 5′ HDMI Cable
- 2 x 32.8′ RCA Surround Speaker Cables
- 2 x 5′ Subwoofer AC Cords
- Soundbar Power Adapter with 10’AC Cord
- Soundbar Wall Mounting Hardware
- Surround Speaker Wall Mounting Hardware
- Limited 1-Year US Warranty
Don’t miss the best “Multi Channel Home Theatre”
Things to Consider Before Buying a Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Home Theatre
1.Installation Space: This is one major thing you want to consider before making the decision to go for a Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite home theatre and the reason is not farfetched.
A Shockwafe Elite as mentioned before comes with large components. Then, coupled with the fact that it is designed to produce adrenaline – pumping bass effect (sounds) that can be ground breaking(for lack of a better word), it is only wise that you also have a space large enough to suit what you are buying. Because having such intensity of sound in a small space might cause you more trouble than good and I am sure you bought your home theatre for enjoyment and nothing other than that.
2. Price: Obviously, even without saying it, a Shockwafe Elite is on the high side of the divide so you want to be sure that your pocket can afford it before going for it.
3. Endeavour To Have a Power Manager: Considering the fact that power sometimes fluctuates( that is power spike, power surge and all what not) and such fluctuations sometimes also, damages home theatres and other household appliances. You want to be sure that you have a power manager in place to keep such occurrences at bay.
In case you are wondering, a power manager is a device that helps to ensure the safe, reliable, efficient and compliant operation of your electrical distribution systems as well as assets connected to it.
4. Do Your Research: Oh yeah, this is equally very important. One thing that helps us make informed decisions about anything in life is proper research.
It would not be wise if you just opt on something because someone said so, you want to be sure that whatever it is, indeed has and does what it has been said to do and have. So endeavour to do your due research before buying a Shockwafe Elite.
One sure way of researching is Googling the product and getting to read the reviews from people who are already users. You might also want to check out their star ratings to see how well the product is being rated.
Where to buy my Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite
Shockwafe Elite can be bought from some e-commerce sites, like;
- You can also shop them in standard electronic shops near you.
Other Notable Nakamichi Products
Away from the Shockwafe Elite home theatre, Nakamichi also has other remarkable products which we consider needful to mention. So there are;
1. Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2SSE 1000W Sound bar System.
2. Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1 SSE 600W Sound bar System.
3. Nakamichi Car Audio.
Nakamichi has since established itself as a trusted creator of high-quality audio products that deliver sound, style and substance indisputably. The Nakamichi product line is driven by an intense scientific curiosity, the love of music and commitment to uncompromising quality and performance.
It is in an ambience such as this, that the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite was birth, to be nothing but a pace setter in the world of cinematic home theatres.
In the course of my research, I read a lot of reviews which majority were in praise of the Shockwafe Elite but I happened upon one in particular that quite called to me. I guess the customer must have been so blown away, so he said and I quote ”with the Dolby Atmos experience, no more need for the movie theatre and with the Nakamichi, the cinema is right in your family room” and I couldn’t help but agree.